Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FOUND: Ribbons!

By now you probably have noticed my attitude of wanting everything in cheap prices haha (thus, the FOUND! section :P).

I was hunting for ribbons for some bulk orders, and I've been looking around for quite a while. I wanted those printed and colourful grosgrain ribbons, but they're either too bulky for my project or too expensive. Tried to search online, but nothing caught my interest. So I've started hunting down alternative ribbons (by lowering down my specification), and I would be happy if I can find ribbons that are of good quality, but cheaper in price. Yes, I know, I'm aiming too high LOL.

So, one sweet day I decided to try my luck at a nearby sewing shop. They have lots and lots of plain satin ribbon, and being a fussy craft buyer, it took a while to find what I want. Then, something at the darkest corner of the ribbon rack caught my eyes. It was the dustiest place of them all, and I had to wipe away the dust and finally found these:


[insert overdosed squealing here]

These 1 cm (in width) ribbons are simply perfect for my project! They came in multiple colours - green, yellow, pink, purple and orange. And guess how much are they priced?

RM5.80 per roll! (about 10 meters ++)

Okay, I'm just guessing that. Perhaps it's 10 yards. I don't bother to ask or to count haha. Even if I did, I know I wouldn't get the numbers right anyway. But I guess it's thick enough to be 10 yards anyway.


At first I only took what I need, but a few days after the first visit, I went back and took each in every colour hehe. By the time the pictures were taken, I've used up all my pink-coloured ribbons.


I'm not sure how many are left, but it's worth checking out. So for those in Shah Alam, head here fast, before the shop runs out of stock. :)


Found at: Kedai Alat-alat Jahitan You Mei, Seksyen 18, Shah Alam (nearby Mydin Hypermart, Shah Alam)
Sold at: RM5.80 each

Hurry up while stocks last!

*Updated on April 11, 2010: Thanks to a tip from my cousin Kak Ti, the same ribbons are priced at RM4.80 per roll (15 yards) and you can try digging them up at all Bake With Yen branches (Puchong, Petaling Jaya and Chowkit and Taman Tun).

1 comment:

  1. Miyyah, ni satin ribbon kan? I happened to buy this kind of ribbon recently. Beli kat Bake With Yen. Cam pelik je kan beli riben kat situ? :P
    harga rm4.80 (15Y/13.71m).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails